KAMEI Foundation for the Promotion of Social Education
The Kamei Foundation for the Promotion of Social Education manages museum that exhibits butterflies, traditional kokeshi, and paintings. The foundation also provides subsidies for training and developing museum curators and for organizing social education activities for young people.
The foundation was established on March 28th, 1995, to commemorate the 90th anniversary of Kamei Corporation (based in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture) and became a public service corporation on April 1st, 2012.
The purpose of our foundation is as follows: To manage a museum that exhibits Lepidoptera, traditional Japanese crafts, and paintings to contribute to the promotion of culture and art. Furthermore, to provide subsidies for developing museum curators and organizing social education activities of young people, thereby contributing to the vitalization of Japan’s social education.
To achieve the above purpose, we aim to continue these two projects for the public good: operating the museum, and providing subsidies.
March 28th, 1995
Fumiyuki Kamei (CEO, Kamei Corporation)
- Project Outline
- Management of the Museum
- Exhibition of Lepidoptera, traditional Japanese crafts, and paintings
- Subsidies for internal training of museum curators
- Subsidies for international exchanges related to museums
- Subsidies for social education of young people
- Subsidies for promoting culture and art
- Other activities related to achieving the goal of the foundation.